Our Tuna - Sumo Sustainability
Sumo Sushi & Bento is one of the pioneers to start Sustainability, In the UAE!
Our Tuna at Sumo is delivered fresh daily from a 100% sustainable fishery that uses pole-and-line fishing method. Only 10% of tuna is caught with the use of this method. This is the only method that does not damage the sea ecosystem, corals or kelps in any way. In the UAE, Sumo Sushi & Bento is one of the pioneers to start Sustainability.Why did we choose this fishery?
Difference between our Tuna at Sumo and the local tuna.
- They are sustainable and eco-friendly.
- They do not add preservatives (CO2 gas) to their fish nor do they oxygenate, leading to greater quality.
- They have many accreditations proving they are safe, clean and offer good quality product.
- The Tunas are caught in a way that is not harmful to endangered species or the marine environment.
- Our Tuna does not contain preservatives and has not been oxygenated, which means it has greater color, texture, and quality.
- The darker red meat is proof that the tuna is fresh and untreated, preserving the tuna's natural deep red color.
- Our tuna is delivered fresh daily from the Maldives.
- Our Tuna is The Yellowfin Tuna, the most consumed source of Tuna comes from Bluefin Tuna which is now recognized by the WFF Organization as Endangered.
The long-term conservation and sustainable use of global tuna fisheries is just one of our goals for Sumo Sustainability!